Sunday, 15 April 2012

Going Blonde - Taking the Plunge

Every so often I wondered what it'd feel like if i were blonde and over the past 5 years everytime I went to have my hair recoloured, i would question if this was the time i would go completely platinum?

So, on Friday the 13th, I FINALLY took the (somewhat random) plunge and went BLONDE! I was only meant to go out and have lunch with the family, and ended up in a salon getting a bleach job! I thought, hey; i have a haircut that im pretty happy with so why not!?

I went to a salon in Burwood that my family have known for more than a decade . I trusted them enough to handle my hair.

And so it began. 4pm apt.. (which started at almost 5).
>>>First coat of bleach turned my hair into a mix of black roots, yellow hair with red tips (red because of my previous hair colour that hadn't grown out yet).

Second time, it was alot better, my hair went completely blonde, but still very very very yellow! And also by this stage, i could feel that the quality of my hair had almost completely gone into the hay like stage. Strangely enough, I didn't feel any burning sensation on my scalp or anywhere on my head. I know that people say it kills to have it done over and over, but i didnt seem to feel anything.

<<< At this stage, I was kind of scared of the result, my hair was so, so damaged and felt nothing like the healthy hair i had a few hours earler. It felt like if i were to tug on it a little, a chunk of hair was going to fall out (however, it held up really well - not bald yet!). I was also kind of worried if this was going to be the final colour.

Anyhow, after drying for a bit and letting my hair have a quick break, the hairdresser asked if i wanted to recolour it to ba an ash blonde. I have to admit, i wasnt really sure about it at first becasue the sample looked alot darker then a platinum blonde, however i agreed to it anyway since i really didnt want fluro-yellow hair!

So again, I coloured again. Somehow, i find hair colour to burn more than the bleach, not that i had much feeling there anyway. 30min later, and it was complete. The resulting colour was great! better than what i had expected!

 Apparently, this result was meant to take at least 5hrs but she managed to do it in roughly 1.5hrs. The salon had closed at 6pm, and i was still there a 6.30! By the styling stage, i was the only one left in the salon and had 3 hair dressers working on me (Haha; felt important xD).

All up, with the bleach and the colour; it cost $100 all up to have it done. And, i love the result. SO, now i know. I can really pull off blonde!! xD

Now, i can finally say "sorry, blonde moment" Haha.

2 comments:

  1. im thinking of having my hair bleached as well! i have a bit longer than shoulder length hair. was wondering what the name of the salon is cos every salon i've been to said it takes at least 3-4 visits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thx for commenting :)
      Its called Sybelle, in Burwood in Sydney.
      I'd actually recomend going in for multiple sessions because i think that would make your hair quality much stronger in the end, or if your willing to do a pre-lightenig session at home it could benifit as well.
      Also, be prepared to loose about an inch of your hair, because if you intensly bleach it, the ends will split for sure.

      Good luck!

      Xavier

      Delete